//Google Analytics

Friday, October 26, 2012

Vinegar Part Deux

I rolled up my sleeves and scrubbed like there was no tomorrow! What am I saying? If there was no tomorrow, scrubbing is this last thing I'd be worried about!

Well I scrubbed like a mad [wo]man! I got our shed door as clean as can be! With some vinegar, baking soda, and a Seventh Generation all-purpose cleaner it is just about as clean as the day it was installed. Trust me, it didn't become this nasty on MY watch. It was like this when we moved in!


I already scrubbed across on the top left for a little comparison of how bad it was!


I started by scrubbing the top with just vinegar .


Then did the tall left section with just vinegar and the tall right section with vinegar and baking soda. You can't tell much here, but check the next photo!


The baking soda helped a lot! 


Next, I broke out my Seventh Generation Disinfecting Multi-Surface Cleaner. It sounded quite appropriate for getting mold off a door! And it was! It has a lot of awesome essential oils like thyme, oregano, citronella, and lemongrass that are great at disinfecting surfaces NATURALLY! No chemicals, woohoo! This cleaner worked really well, but when I added the baking soda, it boosted both the vinegar and the cleaner because it added an abrasive material to really scrub out the stains. 


A quick rinse with the hose and it's white again!

There you have it, folks! A clean door! Granted, it's not pristine, but I think that's ok considering it's probably never had a scrub like this! Don't mind the rotting frame on the bottom...ugh. I couldn't quite reach the top of the frame so my husband will get that honor when he gets home from work! If you're wondering what I scrubbed with, I actually only used paper towels. We don't have many rags and they were all dirty so I used paper towels instead. I normally prefer to use rags instead of wasting paper towels. I think an old sponge or a soft bristled scrub brush would work well too, especially in the grooves of the door. 

What's your favorite trick with vinegar? Do you save the outside messy work for your husband or do you get down and dirty too?

Till next time,
Catherine





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I try to reply to all of the comments so be sure to check back if you asked a question. You can also leave your e-mail address in the comment and I'll let you know when I have replied!