//Google Analytics

Monday, October 8, 2012

Columbus Day

I took Sunday off from blogging but it was a lovely last night back home with family. My husband and I went to northern Virginia early in the morning to film a church service for his work which went nice and smooth. On our way back, we stopped in Fredericksburg where a friend of ours lives. We ate lunch where she works and hung out for a bit, which was fun. We don't get to see her much since she lives about an hour from Hanover and almost three hours from Lynchburg.

After a nice visit we made the rest of the trip back to Rockville where my dad was having his Taiwanese friend from work over for dinner. My dad works at the power company and when they have new transformers brought in, they will send a representative from Taiwan (where they're made) to help make sure that it will be put together and operated properly. My dad's friend, Jim, comes to the States for a couple months at a time during which times he and my dad have become friends. It was really neat having him over for dinner. We all talked back and forth about the differences in culture and language and had a nice time. My niece kept us laughing by handing him (clean) diaper after diaper from a box until he had about 10 of them! She's a hoot at a year and a half old. Her name is Brenna and I'm sure I'll tell you all more about her in future posts!

Jim headed back to his hotel and the rest of us relaxed for a bit, discussing our upcoming trip to the OBX! I can hardly wait!! We headed back to Lynchburg in the evening, feeling happy but exhausted from the weekend. Would've been nice to have today off but that's alright. Neither my husband or I had the day off but we're relaxing and watching TV as I type. Cold, rainy day turned into a cozy night on the couch with each other with fall candles burning! Ahh....here comes one of those "all is right with the world" moments!

Stay tuned for tomorrow's post about my personal tuna salad/chicken salad recipe that is to die for!!

How was your weekend? Were you one of the lucky ones to get Columbus Day off from work or school?

Till next time,
Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I try to reply to all of the comments so be sure to check back if you asked a question. You can also leave your e-mail address in the comment and I'll let you know when I have replied!